Page title background (PC version)Page title background (mobile version)

Tin tức báo chí

Nhiều cơ quan truyền thông công nhận chuyên môn của Công ty Luật Daeryun.
Khám phá các cuộc phỏng vấn, bình luận pháp lý và chuyên mục của các luật sư Daeryun.

What’s next for South Korean doctors who face license suspensions because of walkouts

Media APnews
Date

2024-03-05

Views 627

의료법

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — South Korea’s government is pressing ahead with its vow to suspend the licenses of thousands of junior doctors who ignore its repeated demands to end their collective walkouts.

Nearly 9,000 out of the country’s 13,000 medical interns and residents have been refusing to work for about two weeks to protest a government plan to increase South Korea’s medical school admission quota by about two thirds.

Here are some questions and answers about what’s next in the strike:

HOW DOES THE SUSPENSION WORK?

After their walkouts caused hundreds of surgeries and other treatments to be canceled, the government ordered the junior doctors to return to work by Feb. 29 or face license suspensions and possible legal charges. Most of them missed the deadline.

On Monday, the government dispatched officials to about 50 hospitals to formally confirm the absence of striking doctors, before informing them of their license suspensions and giving them a chance to respond.

Vice Health Minister Park Min-soo said the doctors face a minimum three-month suspension. Suspension records will leave them facing more than one year of delay in getting licenses for specialists and further barriers in landing jobs, Park said.

Park suggested it would take weeks to complete procedures for suspending licenses. Once it’s done, some striking doctors will likely respond with legal action.

Hyeondeok Choi, partner at the law firm Daeryun that specializes in medical law, said it would be “impossible” for the government to suspend the licenses of all the 9,000 doctors. He said the government would likely target less than 100 of the leading strikers.

The Korea Medical Association, which represents 140,000 doctors in South Korea, said it supports the junior doctors’ walkouts. Joo Sooho, a spokesperson at the KMA’s emergency committee, said Monday that senior doctors are considering economic support for the strikers if their licenses are suspended.

WHAT OTHER STEPS THE STRIKERS CAN FACE?

South Korea’s medical law says doctors who refuse the government’s back-to-work order can face up to three years in prison or a 30 million won ($22,480) fine, as well as up to one year of license suspensions. Those sent to prison or given even suspended prison sentences automatically lose their licenses.

The Health Ministry can file complaints with police, who then investigate and hand the case to prosecutors for a possible indictment, according to Choi, the law firm partner.

Joo said the Korea Medical Association will provide lawyers to the striking doctors if they are summoned by police or prosecutors.

South Korean police said they are investigating five senior members of the Korea Medical Association, after the Health Ministry filed complaints against them for allegedly inciting and abetting the junior doctors’ walkouts.

WHAT DO PEOPLE SAY?

The doctors’ strikes have so far failed to generate public support, with a survey showing about 80% backing the government’s school enrollment plan.

The government says South Korea urgently needs more doctors to deal with a rapidly aging population. Many doctors say a too-steep increase in the number of students would eventually result in undermining medical service. Some critics say doctors, one of the highest-paid professions in South Korea, worry about losing their income.

Lee Yeonha, 40, said the striking doctors were “too selfish” and a three-month license suspension is too little.

“I wish the government would take more powerful legal action to get the doctors to fear that they may not be able to work as doctors in this country,” Lee said.

Another Seoul resident, Sunny Shin, supports the arguments by doctors that the government must first resolve fundamental problems such as a lack of medical liability protection and a shortage of physicians in key yet low-paying specialties such as pediatrics and emergency departments.

“As long as the crucial sector doctors are likely to be embroiled in lawsuits and still not highly paid, I cannot blame them for protesting against the government labeling them as privileged people neglecting their duties as doctors,” Shin said.

[bản dịch]

SEOUL, Hàn Quốc (AP) - Chính phủ Hàn Quốc đang tiến hành cam kết đình chỉ giấy phép của hàng nghìn bác sĩ cấp dưới, những người bất chấp những lời kêu gọi liên tục nhằm chấm dứt các cuộc đình công hàng loạt.

Khoảng 9.000 trong số 13.000 sinh viên trường y ở Hàn Quốc đã từ chối đi làm trong khoảng hai tuần để phản đối kế hoạch của chính phủ nhằm tăng số lượng sinh viên được nhận vào các trường y của Hàn Quốc lên khoảng 2/3.

Dưới đây là một số câu hỏi và câu trả lời về các bước tiếp theo trong cuộc đình công.

Hệ thống treo hoạt động như thế nào?

Chính phủ yêu cầu các bác sĩ cấp dưới trở lại làm việc trước ngày 29/2 sau khi hàng trăm ca phẫu thuật và phương pháp điều trị khác bị hủy do đình công. Nếu không làm như vậy, giấy phép của bạn có thể bị đình chỉ và bị buộc tội. Hầu hết đều trễ thời hạn.

Chính phủ đã cử công chức đến khoảng 50 bệnh viện vào thứ Hai để chính thức xác nhận rằng không có ý định đình công, thông báo cho họ về việc đình chỉ giấy phép và cho họ cơ hội phản hồi.

Thứ trưởng Bộ Y tế và Phúc lợi Park Min-soo cho biết các bác sĩ sẽ bị đình chỉ công tác ít nhất ba tháng. Park cho biết, hồ sơ đình chỉ sẽ làm trì hoãn việc lấy chứng chỉ chuyên môn hơn một năm và tạo thêm rào cản đối với việc làm.

Park cho rằng sẽ mất vài tuần để hoàn tất quá trình đình chỉ giấy phép. Sau khi hoàn thành, một số bác sĩ đình công có thể sẽ phản ứng bằng hành động pháp lý.

Choi Hyeon-deok, đối tác tại Daeryun, một công ty luật chuyên về luật y tế, cho biết chính phủ “không thể” đình chỉ giấy phép của tất cả 9.000 bác sĩ. Ông cho biết chính phủ có thể sẽ nhắm tới ít hơn 100 người đình công chính.

Hiệp hội Y khoa Hàn Quốc, đại diện cho 140.000 bác sĩ tại Hàn Quốc, cho biết họ ủng hộ cuộc đình công của các bác sĩ cấp dưới. Joo Su-ho, phát ngôn viên của trụ sở ứng phó khẩn cấp của Hiệp hội Y khoa Hàn Quốc, cho biết hôm thứ Hai rằng các bác sĩ cấp cao đang xem xét hỗ trợ tài chính cho những người đình công nếu giấy phép của họ bị đình chỉ.

Các giai đoạn khác nhau mà một tiền đạo có thể phải đối mặt là gì?

Theo luật y tế Hàn Quốc, các bác sĩ từ chối lệnh của chính phủ quay trở lại làm việc có thể bị bỏ tù tới 3 năm, bị phạt 30 triệu won (22.480 USD) và bị đình chỉ giấy phép lên tới 1 năm. Bất cứ ai bị giam giữ hoặc thậm chí bị kết án quản chế sẽ tự động bị mất giấy phép.

Theo luật sư Choi của công ty luật, Bộ Y tế có thể gửi đơn khiếu nại lên công an, sau đó công an sẽ điều tra vụ việc rồi chuyển cho cơ quan công tố để có thể truy tố.

Joo cho biết Hiệp hội Y khoa Hàn Quốc sẽ cung cấp luật sư cho các bác sĩ đình công nếu họ được cảnh sát hoặc công tố viên triệu tập.

Cảnh sát thông báo rằng họ đang điều tra 5 giám đốc điều hành cấp cao của Hiệp hội Y khoa Hàn Quốc bị Bộ Y tế và Phúc lợi cáo buộc kích động và tiếp tay đình công của các bác sĩ cấp dưới.

Mọi người nói gì?

Cuộc đình công của các bác sĩ cho đến nay vẫn chưa nhận được sự ủng hộ của công chúng, với các cuộc khảo sát cho thấy khoảng 80% ủng hộ kế hoạch tuyển sinh trường học của chính phủ.

Chính phủ cho biết đất nước cần khẩn cấp thêm bác sĩ để đối phó với tình trạng dân số già đi nhanh chóng. Nhiều bác sĩ cho rằng việc tăng số lượng sinh viên quá nhanh cuối cùng có thể làm suy yếu việc chăm sóc sức khỏe. Một số nhà phê bình cho rằng bác sĩ, một trong những nghề được trả lương cao nhất đất nước, đang lo lắng về việc mất thu nhập.

Yeonha Lee (40 tuổi) cho rằng các bác sĩ đình công “quá ích kỷ” và việc đình chỉ giấy phép 3 tháng là quá ít.

Ông Lee nói: “Tôi mong chính phủ sẽ có những biện pháp pháp lý mạnh mẽ hơn để các bác sĩ cảm thấy lo sợ rằng họ có thể không được hành nghề bác sĩ ở đất nước này”.

Sunny Shin, một cư dân Seoul khác, ủng hộ lập luận của các bác sĩ rằng trước tiên chính phủ phải giải quyết các vấn đề cơ bản, bao gồm thiếu trách nhiệm bảo vệ y tế và thiếu bác sĩ trong các chuyên khoa quan trọng nhưng lương thấp như nhi khoa và phòng cấp cứu.

Giáo sư Shin cho biết: “Chừng nào các bác sĩ trong các lĩnh vực quan trọng còn có nguy cơ bị lôi kéo vào các vụ kiện mà vẫn không nhận được mức lương cao, thì chúng ta không thể chỉ trích họ vì phản đối sự kỳ thị của chính phủ đối với các bác sĩ là tầng lớp đặc quyền, bỏ bê nhiệm vụ của mình”.

[Xem toàn bộ bài viết] - What’s next for South Korean doctors who face license suspensions because of walkouts

Đặt lịch tư vấn trực tiếp

Nếu bạn có vướng mắc pháp lý, hãy tư vấn với luật sư chuyên môn tại văn phòng gần nhất.

Menu Nhanh

KakaoTalk